Many people think that the president is a Fascist. Do you?
Scholars point out that Fascism varies from culture to culture and at different times. Historically, Mussolini, the anti-Semitic dictator of Italy 1922-1943, created his brand of fascio, which meant “bundle of brothers.” Ask yourself, is the president following some Fascist principles and actions?
- Powerful and continuing nationalism – slogans such as Make American Great Again
- Disdain for human rights – enforced discrimination against immigrants
- Scapegoats – liberals, the media, Hillary
- Supremacy of the military – increasing the military budget by billions
- Rampant sexism – anti-LGBT rights, rigid gender roles
- Corporate glorification – putting rich people from corporations in power
- Control of the mass media – all media, except Fox, are corrupt and wrong
- Obsession with national security – using fear
9 Religion – using religion to manipulate people
- Suppressing labor – disdain for unions; promises unfulfilled for workers
- Disdain for intellectuals and the arts – refusing to fund the arts
- 12. Obsession with crime and punishment – overlooking police brutality
- 13. Cronyism – putting friends and relatives in power
- 14. Fraudulent elections – gerrymandering districts, claiming voter fraud, Russia influencing votes
- Illegally rounding up those who oppose – passing strict laws against protesters, arresting dissidents, appointing right-wing judges.