Following is a list of weekly events and businesses we know of that have cancelled in response to COVID-19. We will continue to update as we learn of more closures on our website.
- Flint Street Thursday lunches for at least the next two weeks
- Eureka Unitarian Universalist Fellowship has suspended Sunday services indefinitely
- The Writers’ Colony at Dairy Hollow is closed until at least March 31. Poetluck for this week has been cancelled
- Turpentine Creek Wildlife Refuge will be closed to the public until further notice
- Eureka Springs Community Center will be closed for an indefinite period of time.
- The Annual Goddess Gala scheduled for April 8 has been cancelled and will reschedule in the Fall
- The Victorian Classic this Saturday has been cancelled/postponed. A new date for the race has not been set
- CAPC offices are no longer open to the public
- Out in Eureka has cancelled all of their sponsored events including events for Spring Diversity Weekend
The Eureka Springs Parks and Recreation Commission will be taking these measures regarding COVID-19
- Public Parks will remain open
- All public restrooms in parks will be closed until at least April 3
- Park office will be closed to the public and staffing will be minimal
- All staff and committee meetings are postponed indefinitely
- All public events with over 10 people taking place within any park will be cancelled from now until at least April 3
- Downhill Shuttle Operations will stop until at least April 3. The Leatherwood Gravity Project and all other trails will remain open to the public.
- Campgrounds at Lake Leatherwood will remain open
- Cabin rentals
Eureka Springs City Hall has changed procedures for public offices and services until further notice. For City Hall business call (479) 253-9703 to make an appointment with any office/individual in advance. Walk in access to City Hall has been limited. If you do not have an appointment enter through the 1st Street or back door entrance to allow a six-foot distance.
For ES Utilities, use drop boxes, mail service or call in for utility payments. The City has suspended all late fees and shut off notices for City Utilities. For any new utility hook-ups process via drop boxes, mail, or call in.
For Carroll County offices located at Western Carroll County Courthouse all business will be conducted by appointment only. Call (479) 253-8646 in advance before arriving. This will be effective beginning Wednesday, March 18.
For Circuit Court, the court session scheduled for March 18 will be held and Circuit Court will be suspended until further notice. District Court has been suspended until further notice.